Position : Professor, Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kyung Hee University Hospital at Gangdong
- Heart failure
- Hypertension & Dyslipidemia
- Heart valve disease
Education : ·
- College of Medicine from Chungnam National University(Bachelor Degree)
- College of Medicine from The Catholic University of Korea(Master and Doctor Degrees)
- Residency, the Catholic University of Korea, Catholic Medical Center
- Clinical and Research Fellowship, the St. Mary’s Hospital
- Clinical and Research Assitant Professor, Kyung Hee University, Kyung Hee University Hospital at Gangdong
Research papers/ Book chapters:
- 1. Hwang HJ, Chung WB, Park JH, Oh SS, Chung JW, Choi YS, Youn HJ. Estimation of coronary flow velocity reserve using transthoracic Doppler echocardiography and cold pressor test might be useful for detecting of patients with variant angina. Echocardiography 2010;27:435-41.
- 2. Choi YS, Youn HJ, Chung WB, Hwang HJ, Lee DH, Park CS, Lee JB, Kim PJ, Chung WS, Lee MY, Seung KB, Chung YA. Uptake of F-18 FDG and ultrasound analysis of carotid plaque. J Nucl Cardiol 2011;18:267-72
- 3. Hwang HJ, Lee MY, Young HJ, Oh YS, Rho TH, Chung WS, Park CS, Choi YS, Chung WB, Lee JB, Park HK, Lim K, Lee JH. Association between plaque thickness of the thoracic aorta and recurrence of atrial fibrillation after ablation. Korean Circ J 2011;41:177-83
- 4. Hwang HJ, Youn HJ, Lee MY, Park CS, Choi YS, Chung WB, Lee JB, Shim BJ. Change of coronary flow velocity during the cold pressor test is related to endothelial markers in subjects with chest pain and a normal coronary angiogram. Clin Cardiol, 2011;35:119-24.
- 5. Chin JY, Chung MH, Kim JJ, Lee JH, Kim JH, Maeng IH, Jung SY, Hwang HJ, Lee JB, Youn HJ. Extensive primary cardial lymphoma diagnosed by percutaneous endomyocardial biopsy. J Cardiovasc Ultrasound 2009;17:141-4
- 6. Lee JH, Chung WB, Kang JH, Kim HW, Kimm JJ, Kim JH, Hwang HJ, Lee JB, Chung JW, Kim HL, Choi YS, Park CS, Youn HJ, LeeMY. A case of chloroquine-induced cardiomyopathy that presented as sick sinus syndrome. Korean Circ J 2010;40:604-8
- 7. Jo U, Hwang HJ, Kim HS, Joe BH, Park CB, Jin ES, Sohn IS, Cho JM, Kim CJ. Takotsubo cardiomyopathy in a patient with coronary artery-left ventricular fistulae. Int J Cardiol. 2011;157:e5-6.
- 8. Park CB, Joe BH, Hwang HJ, Jin ES, Kim CJ. Coronary perforation during conventional time domain optical coherence tomography. Int J Cardiol. 2011;155;e14-5.
- 9. Park SH, Joe BH, Hwang HJ, Park CB, Jin ES, Cho JM, Kim CJ, Bae JH, Lee SH. Sohn IS. Early cardiac valvular changes in ankylosing spondylitis: a transesophageal echocardiography study. J Cardiovasc Ultrasound. 2012;20:30-6.
- 10. Joe BH, Jo U, Kim HS, Sohn IS, Hwang HJ, Park CB, Jin ES, Cho JM, Park JH, Kim CJ. APACHE II score, rather than cardiac function, may predict poor prognosis in patients with stress-induced cardiomyopathy. J Korean Med Sci. 2011;27:52-7.
- 11. Joe BH, Park CB, Jin ES, Sohn IS, Cho JM, Kim CJ. Hwang HJ. Takotsubo cardiomyopathy recurrence with left ventricular apical ballooning following isolated right ventricular involvement: A case report. Exp Ther Med. 2013;6:260-2.
- 12. Park CB, Hwang HJ, Cho JM, Jo BH, Kim CJ. Massive right coronary air embolism in the right coronary artery during left coronary angiography: A case report. Exp Ther Med. 2013;5:1073-4.
- 13. Hwang HJ, Lee HM, Yang IH, Lee JL, Pak HY, Park CB, Jin ES, Cho JM, Kim CJ, Sohn IS. The value of assessing myocardial deformation at recovery after dobutamine stress echocardiography. J Cardiovasc Ultrasound. 2014;22:127-33.
- 14. Hwang HJ, Lee HM, Yang IH, Kim DH, Byun JK, Sohn IS. Evolutionary change mimicking apical hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in a patient with takotsubo cardiomyopathy. Echocardiography. 2014;31:E293-5.