Position : Professor / Chair, Clinical Oncology College of Korean Medicine, Kyung Hee University
- Advanced Cancers, Metastatic Cancers
- Hematologic Malignancies,
- Solid tumors : Lung Cancer, Renal Cancer, Breast Cancer, and Others
- NIH-Duke Clinical Research Training Program, School of Medicine, Duke University(completed)
- Constitutional Medicine, Kyung Hee University(Master, Ph.D.)
- Korean Medicine, Kyung Hee University(Bachelor, K.M.D.)
- Guest Editor, Evidence Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Director, Cancer Center, Hospital of Korean Medicine, Kyung Hee University Hospital at Gangdong.
- Guest Researcher, Office of Cancer Complementary and Alternative Medicine / DCTD / NCI /NIH
- Diplomat in Acupuncture, National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, USA.
- Expert Attendant, Investigation for Biotechnology Development Research Project, Korean Science and Engineering Foundation, Daejeon, Korea.
- Evaluation Committee, 2008 Strategic Research Project, Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine, Daejeon, Korea.
- Temporary adviser, WHO Consultation on Evidence Based Clinical Practical Guideline on Traditional Medicine for Cancer, Beijing, China.
Research papers/ Book chapters:
- Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine for Cancer Patients. Evidence Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2013; Article ID 313751.
- The Efficacy and Safety of Standardized Allergen Removed Rhus verniciflua Stokes (aRVS) Extract ad Maintenance Therapy after First line Chemotherapy. American Journal of Chinese Medicine. 2013;41(4):773-787.
- Rhus verniciflua Stokes Against Advanced Cancer : A Perspective from the Korean Integrative Cancer Center. Journal Biomedicine and Biotechnology. 2012. Article ID 874276
- Efficacy and Safety of Standardized Allergen-Removed Rhus verniciflua Stokes Extract in Patients with Advanced or Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer : A Korean Single Center Experience. Oncology. 81(5-6), 2011:312-8
- Rhus verniciflua Stokes Extract as a Potential Option for Treatment of Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma : Report of Two Cases. Annals of Oncology. 21(6), 2010:1383-5
- Sasang Constitution as a risk factor for diabetes mellitus: a cross-sectional study. Evidence Based Complementary and Alternative Med, 2009 Sep;6 Suppl 1:99-103.
- Allergen Removed Rhus verniciflua Stokes (aRVS) Extract as a Potential Option for Treatment of Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma. World Cancer Congress 2013. Xian, China. May 24 2013.
- Measuring Patient’s Expectation and Satisfaction with Integrative Cancer Therapy. ISPOR 14th Annual European Congress. Madrid, Spain. Nov 8. 2011
- Rhus verniciflua Stokes on Advanced Cancer as an Example of Therapeutic Agent. Scientific Evidence & Clinical Application of Traditional Korean Medicine. Seoul, Korea, Aug 26, 2011
- Efficacy and Safety of Allergen Removed Rhus verniciflua Stokes Extract in Patients with Advanced Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Journal of the Society of Integrative Oncology. New York, US. Nov 12, 2010.
- Relationship between Vancomycin State and Outcomes in Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus Infections. 2010 Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. US Sep 14. 2010.
- Survival Outcome of Rhus verniciflua Stokes extract in advanced non-small cell lung cancer. Shanghai International Symposium of Society of Integrative Oncology. Shanghai, China. April 25, 2008.