Position : Professor, Clinical Oncology College of Korean Medicine, Kyung Hee University Hospital at Gang Dong, University of Kyung Hee School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
- Traditional Korean Medicine in Oncology
- Traditional Korean Medicine in Gastroenterology
- Integrative Cancer Therapy
- College of Korean Medicine, Kyung Hee University(K.M.D.)
- Kyung Hee University Korean Medicine Hospital(Specialty in Korean Internal Medicine)
- Graduate School of Korean Medicine, Kyung Hee University(Ph.D.)
- Visiting Professor at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
- Director, Association of Korean Traditional Oncology
- Director, Association of Korean Oriental Internal Medicine
- Member, Society of Integrative Oncology
Research papers/ Book chapters:
[ Book / Chapter ]
1. Integrative Oncology of Korean Medicine, Ganja Publishing Company, Seoul, 2013.
2. Korean Medicine of Gastroenterology, Ganja Publishing Company, Seoul, 2013
[ Research Papers ]
1. Efficacy and Safety of Moxibustion for Relieving Pain in Patients With Metastatic Cancer: A Pilot, Randomized, Single-Blind, Sham-Controlled Trial. Integr Cancer Ther. 2013 Nov 25.
2. Cancer Prevention and Therapy: Integrating Traditional Korean Medicine Into Modern Cancer Care. Integr Cancer Ther. 2013 Nov 25.
3. Rhus verniciflua stokes against advanced cancer: A perspective from the korean integrative cancer center, JOURNAL OF BIOMEDICINE AND BIOTECHNOLOGY. 2012.
4. Bojanggunbi-tang, a traditional Korean herbal prescription, ameliorates colonic inflammation induced by dextran sulfate sodium and 2,4,6-trinitrobenzene sulfonic acid in mice. JOURNAL OF ETHNOPHARMACOLOGY. 2011.
5. Bojungikki-Tang for Cancer-related Fatigue: A Pilot Randomized Clinical Trial. Journal of integrative cancer therapies. 2010;9(4):331-338.
6. Shrinkage of Gastric Cancer in an Elderly Patient Who Received Rhus verniciflua Stokes Extract. JOURNAL OF ALTERNATIVE AND COMPLEMENTARY MEDICINE, 2010:16(4):497-500.
7. The Concurrent Use of Rhus verniciflua Stokes as Complementary Therapy with Second or More Line Regimens on Advanced Non-small-cell Lung Cancer: Case Series. Journal of Korean Oriental Medicine 2009;30(6):112-117.
8. Impact of standardized Rhus verniciflua stokes extract as complementary therapy on metastatic colorectal cancer: a Korean single-center experience. Integr Cancer Ther. 2009 Jun;8(2):148-52.
9. Successful outcome of advanced pulmonary adenocarcinoma with malignant pleural effusion by the standardized rhus verniciflua stokes extract: a case study. Explore (NY). 2009 Jul-Aug;5(4):242-4.
10. Antiviral effect of Curcuma longa Linn extract against hepatitis B virus replication. J Ethnopharmacol. 2009 Jul 15;124(2):189-96.
11. Rhus verniciflua Stokes prevents cisplatin-induced cytotoxicity and reactive oxygen species production in MDCK-I renal cells and intact mice. Phytomedicine. 2009 Mar;16(2-3):188-97.
12. Effect of Gamiboryungbanha-tang on Cancer Nausea and Vomiting: Report of Two Cases. European Journal of Integrative Medicine. 2009;1:40-43.
13. Recent Studies of Breast Cancer in Traditional Chinese Medicine Journals. The Journal of Oriental Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2009;22(1):263-278.
14. Inhibitory Effect of Respective Herbs in Cheonggugamrosu on Oral Malodor Using Malodor Modeling of the Salivary Sediment System. Journal of Korean Oriental Medicine. 2009;30(2):79-87.
15. Carcinostatic Effect of Allergen removed Rhus verniciflua Stokes based Traditional Korean Medicine on a Patient with Lung Adenocarcinoma. Oriental Pharmacy and Experimental Medicine. 2008;7(5):573-578.
16. A Clinical Pilot Study of Carthami-Semen Herbal Acupuncture Treatment for Chronic Constipation. Journal of Korean Acupuncture and Moxibustion Society. 2008;25(5):127-138.
17. A Clinical Study on the Relationship between Functional Dyspepsia (FD) and Biosignals from Heart Rate Variability (HRV) and Yangdorak Diagnosis. Journal of Korean Oriental Medicine. 2007;28(2):1-12.
18. Study on Development of Assessment Guideline and Endpoint for Clinical Trial with Antitumor Natural Products. Korean Journal of Physiology & Pathology. 2006;20(6):1678-1727.
19. Clinical Characteristics of Out-patients with Functional Diarrhea. Journal of Korean Oriental Internal Medicine. 2008;spring(1):168-179.
20. Adrenal Metastasis from Renal Cell Carcinoma Regressed with Allergen-removed Rhus verniciflua Stokes: A Case Report. Journal of Korean Oriental Internal Medicine. 2008;29(2):529-534.
21. The Effects of Soyumjungjang-tang on DSS-Induced Ulcerative Colitis in Mouse. Journal of Korean Oriental Internal Medicine. 2008;29(2):385-400.
22. Tumor Regression Effect of Allergen-removed Rhus verniciflua Stokes based Traditional Korean Medicine on a Patient with Metastatic Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma : Single Case Report. Journal of Korean Oriental Internal Medicine. 2008;29(3):827-834.
23. Anti-tumor Effect of Realgar on Stomach Cancer Cells (AGS), Glioma Cells (T98G, A172, SNU-489) and Prostate Cancer Cells (LNCaP). Journal of Korean Oriental Internal Medicine. 2007;28(3):409-420.
24. A Case of Malignant Melanoma Patient Treated with Allergen-removed Rhus verniciflua Stokes. Journal of Korean Oriental Internal Medicine. 2007;28(3):655-661.