Position : Professor /Chairman of Department of Orthodontics, Kyung Hee University Hospital at Gang Dong, University of Kyung Hee School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
- Adult Orthodontics
- Dentofacial Orthopedics(Jaw growth modification and supervision)
- Surgical Orthodontics(Orthognathic surgery assisted orthodontics)
- School of Dentistry, Kyung Hee University(DMD)
- Graduate School of Dentistry, Kyung Hee University(MSD, PhD)
- Kyung Hee University Dental Hospital(Orthodontic training)
- Clinical fellow, Gangnam Saint Maria Hospital
Research papers/ Book chapters :
1. Yoon-Goo Kang, Ji-Young Kim, Young-Jun Lee, Kyu-Rhim Chung, Young-Guk Park. Stability of Mini-Screws Invading the Dental Roots and Their Impact on the Paradental Tissues in Beagles. Angle Orthod 2009;79(2):248–255.
2. Yoon-Goo Kang, Yong-Hun Lee, Yoon-Ah Kook, Seong-Hun Kim, Peter M. Sinclair. Comparison of the Frontal Esthetic Preferences in the Lower Facial Portion of Koreans and Caucasians. World Journal of Orthodontics 2009;10(2):111-116.
3. Ji-Woong Kim, Ki-Soo Lee, Jong-Hyun Nahm, Yoon-Goo Kang. Effects of compressive stress on the expression of M-CSF, IL-1α, RANKL and OPG mRNA in periodontal ligament cells. Korean J Orthod 2009 Aug; 39(04): 248~256
4. Kyu-Rhim Chung, Seong-Hun Kim, Yoon-Ah Kook, Yoon-Goo Kang, Peter M Sinclair. Dental midline correction using two component C-Orthodontic Mini-implant. Progress Orthod 2009;10(2):20-32.
5. Yoon-Goo Kang, Jong-Hyun Nam, Young-Guk Park. Use of rhythmic wire system with miniscrews to correct occlusal-plane canting. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 2010;137(4):540-7.
6. Yoon-Goo Kang, Ji-Young Kim, Young-Jun Lee, Baek-Soo Lee. Segmental repositioning combined with orthodontic fine adjustment of nonerupting permanent molars: a case report. Quintessence International. 2010 Jun;41(6):449-58.
7. Yoon-Goo Kang, Jong-Hyun Nam, Kyung-Hee Kim, Ki-Soo Lee. FAK Pathway Regulates PGE2 Production in Compressed Periodontal Ligament Cells. J Dent Res 2010 Dec;89(12):1444-9.
8. Kyu-Rhim Chung, Seong-Hun Kim, Yoon-Goo Kang, Gerald Nelson. Orthodontic miniplate with tube as an efficient tool for borderline cases. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 2011;139(4):551-62.
9. Hong-Suk Kim, Young-Jun Lee, Young-Guk Park, Kyu-Rhim Chung, Yoon-Goo Kang, HyeRan Choo, Seong-Hun Kim. Histologic assessment of the biological effects after speedy surgical orthodontics in a beagle animal model: a preliminary study. Korean J Orthod 2011 Oct; 41(05):361~370.
10. Yoon-Goo Kang, Ji-Young Kim, Jong-Hyun Nam. Control of maxillary dentition with 2 midpalatal orthodontic miniscrews. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 2011;140(6):879-885.
11. Yoon-Goo Kang, Ji-Young Kim, Jaejik Kim, Phil-Jun Won, Jong-Hyun Nam. Release of bisphenol A from resin composite used to bond orthodontic lingual retainers. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 2011;140(6):779-789.
12. Lee SI, Park KH, Kim SJ, Kang YG, Lee YM, Kim EC. Mechanical stress-activated immune response genes via Sirtuin 1 expression in human periodontal ligament cells. Clinical and Experimental Immunology 2012;168(1):113-124.
13. Kim SJ, Kang YG, Park JH, Kim EC, Park YG. Effects of low-intensity laser therapy on periodontal tissue remodeling during relapse and retention of orthodontically moved teeth. Lasers Med Sci 2013 Jan;28(1):325-33.
14. Kang KL, Lee SW, Ahn YS, Kim SH, Kang YG. Bioinformatic analysis of responsive genes in two-dimension and three-dimension cultured human periodontal ligament cells subjected to compressive stress. J Periodontal Res 2013 Feb;48(1):87-97.
15. Kim SJ, Park KH, Park YG, Lee SW, Kang YG. Compressive stress induced the up-regulation of M-CSF, RANKL, TNF-α expression and the down-regulation of OPG expression in PDL cells via the integrin-FAK pathway. Arch Oral Biol 2013 Jun:58(6);707-716.
16. Koo KT, Lee SW, Lee MH, Kim KH, Jung SH, Kang YG. Time-dependent expression of osteoblast marker genes in human primary cells cultured on microgrooved titanium substrata. Clin Oral Implants Res 2014 Jun;25(6):714-22.